Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Thursday 1 August 2013

Can't Seem to Stop

The hook is still winning the craft battle in this house, not sure OH really approves, he likes to see me at my desk getting inky and paint covered. I blame a FB friend who shared a link to my page about a local bird rescue centre Wing and a Prayer who had put out a shout for people to crochet some Owls for their open day - well I couldn't resist could I?

I don't enjoy making the same thing over and over again, so I made a few different ones and a couple of birds. Thanks to JayleeJacquie and Lucy for being generous and sharing their patterns and giving permission for the finished item to be sold

Last night however I designed my own owl and I'm pretty proud of him..... here he is (name ??)



Yesterday afternoon I learnt how to do 'Crocodile Stitch' thanks to these excellent instructions from Crochet Spot, and thought I would use it on an owl - Just hoping now I can recreate him because I made it up as I went along - in fact you could say 'I winged it' ....... ha ha ha see what I did there


Here are the other ones I have made - added a few more to the collection since I took the photo, hope they go to a happy home ....


Right.... time to put down the hook for a while and see if I can find my paint covered desk - thanks for reading. 

6 comments:

  1. oooo your little owls are fantastic!!! Love the colours! But I really must bow to your crochet skills with your own fella...I say fella because he looks like a Bert to me hahaha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have been busy, great work. At the risk of being boring he has to be Ollie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute owl! Owl's always make me think of my childhood. My mom had a large owl collection including a statement necklace that she'd wear to church...I'd play with the owl during the sermon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are gorgeous. Name? 'Pan' [Marzie/Pan?] Oh well just a suggestion lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the owls. My gran daughters bedroom is Owl related. Needs must I best make her one
    sooo cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice craft very creative for doing that masterpiece

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx