Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Wednesday 25 March 2009

I can do Pretty...


But I am not comfortable doing it! I haven't made many cards for a while now, but have recently been asked to make some cards.. I should be brave enough to say no, but I'm not and then I get all stressed about it LOL. Well the brief was pink, girly and butterflies... yuk yuk yuk! Well it is a very simple card but ticks all the boxes and if you twisted my arm I would even say I quite like it! The butterflies are stamped with versamark and then brushed with Mica powders, they look effective in real life.

Back to the real Nicks now, I have been busy working on the project for YCJ and keeping up with the online Altered book course I am doing. Although I have done a couple of books in the past, this is completely different and really very interesting. Life is a bit hectic ATM and it's nice to have something that I have to do which enforces some 'me' time.

Progress so far.. the Niches in the book have been cut (using a technique which is so blooming obvious why didn't i think of it before?) and the inside cover and title page have been strengthened with the addition of paper.... but they aren't complete pages and won't end up like that eventually. As the cover to my book is cloth, i haven't had to prep that. I have some ideas on what I would like to do on the cover.. not sure if it will fit in with the course or not, we will see!



Must tell you what my fabulous mate has done... whilst on holiday she has 'found' a model of a hand which she has acquired for me to alter............ it's sad I get so excited about these things!

10 comments:

  1. oh Nicks I am so sorry I was giggling as soon as I saw the pic on my dashboard, I hope it wasnt to trying on you to do pink and girly, but you sure did make it pretty!xxx

    looking forward to seeing the hand.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope doing all that girly stuff hasnt given you a headache! Its a fab card - Your book looks fab - hope youre going to share the secret of cutting the holes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my word Nicks i nearly fell off me seat then, pretty n pink n lovely card, keep up the good work!!! lol.
    Ya books looking erm altered!!
    Will keep all me body parts hidden in april!! sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks good so ..could really do with the secret of cutting the holes!!...pleaseeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grrrrrrrrr I can't get the pictures to enlarge for me and I want to inspect closely! Lookin' good. Am enjoying watching this grow.

    An altered hand! Wow, you've got your mates well trained. Another inspired idea.

    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Book Is looking good !

    You can pick up some pretty quirky stuff in Cornwall if you look around ,amazing place .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hhmmm - I may have to look into this altered book course! Blooming obvious way of cutting niches sounds v good - I nearly took my fingers off hacking at the one I did with a craft knife! I didn't look half as neat as yours, either!

    Looking very good - excited to see the final finished version!

    ReplyDelete
  8. books looking good - and i did notice a little cats nose in the piccy lol, now for the card.......well erm yes well erm erm erm yes well erm......................................................yes a pink card... so long as the recipient liked it.......................just dont ever no not never make me one like this PLEASE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your work is amazing, i just love how you have altered so many different things, is anything safe in your home? i bet your husband doesn't sit still for long. LOL
    Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your stuff!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx